I'm back!

Well,
It's been a couple of days that I left NYC and returned to my hometown Rhodes.Staying in Rhodes for the summer was a good decision considering it a great place for both study and holidays (mainly music-piano, etc).I spent my half GYLC days in Washington D.C and the rest in NYC.Having visited the US for the first time, I'd like to make the following observations:
1.The skyscrapers weren't as tall as I expected them to be from the movies...
2.The same holds for the Statue of Liberty...
3.The hamburgers are awesome indeed...
4.As well as all the museums...
5.The climate both in WDC and NYC SUCKS
6.I really liked the multicultural environment,which was mainly present in the GYLC program
7.I love being in times square...
8.The theaters are amazing...

Now,concerning GYLC:
The program was quite exhausting but not because of its academically demanding nature but because of the excessive control on us which violated our freedoms,as in Rousseau's democratic state, forcing people to be "free"... haha ;P

From the 10 or so lectures I went to, only 1 or 2 were unique and inspiring...in my opinion...

The other students I admired and respected were few since most of people had no idea whatsoever about economics or any interest about global issues etc.I don't blame or hate :P anyone but...It was SUPPOSED to be something more academic and serious where someone should have spent time preparing beforehand...What I gained from this is, I guess, the experience (obviously), and generally, although it wasn't what I expected, I am happy I went there and I don't regret it...


So...now that I am back in Rhodes, I am ready to start my EE in economics...

I will make a post about it in the near future...

till then...

take care!

Athis

P.S.: For any kind of photos-videos you would like to see about my experience in GYLC...check out my fb!

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου